The world has changed dramatically since the first community foundation opened its doors in 1914.
Today, these organizations play vital roles in more than 750 communities, but they also face competition from new philanthropy vehicles. This report looks at resources and tools that can help community foundations continue to identify and meet needs in their communities.
- Published by
- Issue areas
- Nonprofits and Philanthropy
- Document type
- Copyright 2017, GuideStar
- What to read next
- Experienced Grantmakers at Work: When Creativity Comes Into Play
- Foundation Giving and Growth: Foundations' Share of Private Philanthropy, 1998
- Foundation Strategies for Attracting and Managing Talent - Discussion Guide
- Linked data add horizontal_rule