Through the leadership of the Arab Foundations Forum (AFF), philanthropy within the Arab region has recognized the importance and value of data and knowledge in the success and impact of its grant making and program implementation, and has recently mobilized to undertake work on data, knowledge issues, and identifying opportunities. AFF is a regional membership-based association of foundations that aims to support an effective and strategic philanthropic sector in the Arab region that engages with all aspects of society towards growing social responsibility and investment, while advancing public good.
The Arab region, however, lacks an organized framework for collecting, processing, and sharing reliable and comparable data on philanthropy. In order to help meet this need, in 2016 AFF mobilized philanthropy in the region to take action collectively, with the support of the Foundation Center and the American University in Cairo.
- Save to library
- Suggest an edit
- Issue areas
- Community and Economic Development
- International Development
- Nonprofits and Philanthropy
- Document type
- Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License
- What to read next
- Data and Knowledge for Greater Impact in the Arab Region: Report on AFF 2016 Data Coalition Outcomes and 2017 Goals and Priorities Roadmap
- Linked data add horizontal_rule