Through the Peace and Security Funding Index, Candid and the Peace and Security Funders Group aim to illuminate the field of peace and security grantmaking and provide a nuanced understanding of the issues and strategies peace and security funders support. The Index tracks funding for work to prevent future conflict, resolve existing conflict, and support stability and peace across 24 issue areas (e.g., peacebuilding, nuclear issues). It includes grantmaking by institutional funders, including private foundations, public charities, and community foundations.
Funding for peace and security remains small relative to foundation funding overall. Peace and security grantmaking represented just 1.2 percent of the nearly $33 billion given by foundations in Candid's research set of grantmaking by 1,000 of the largest U.S. foundations.
- Save to library
- Suggest an edit
- Document type
- Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License
- What to read next
- Peace and Security Funding Index: An Analysis of Global Foundation Grantmaking - 2017 Edition
- Peace and Security Funding Index: An Analysis of Global Foundation Grantmaking - 2018 Edition
- Peace and Security Funding Index: An Analysis of Global Foundation Grantmaking - 2019 Edition
- Linked data add horizontal_rule